Liberia Emergency and Disaster Relief Fund, LEADER FUND, plans to to implement several projects on a continuous basis. Our current projects are:
- MEDICAL SUPPLIES FOR LIBERIA
- SOLAR LIGHTS FOR SCHOOL CHILDREN IN LIBERIA
- INTEGRATING ENERGY, WATER, AND FOOD – CESTOS CITY
The Liberian Government and the various hospitals and clinics in Liberia lack the robust system or infrastructure or supplies to respond rapidly to a pandemic. With the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and one case now having been confirmed in Liberia, the Liberian Emergency and Disaster Relief Fund, Inc. is asking you to join us to bridge this gap and stay ahead of the medical supplies curve by helping to coordinate the collection, inventorying, shipping, and ground transportation of medical supplies so that supplies can be available if they are needed over the next few months.
There is a significant lack of light for studying because of an unreliable electrical grid. The LEADER Fund is partnering with the Solar Empowerment Initiative and Sustainable Development International (SDI) to bring solar lights to poor communities in Liberia that lack reliable electricity. Without light at night, students cannot continue their studies and their education suffers.
The LEADER FUND is raising funds to implement a green infrastructure project that uses 3KW of solar energy to:
- access and distribute groundwater for drinking, sanitation, and hygiene to 10,000 persons;
- irrigate a small agriculture demonstration project growing food crops (pepper, okra, bitter balls, potato greens, etc.); and
- provide electricity for the County Service Center and planned Internet Cafe that will benefit more than 2,000 youths.